Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's New with Obama

"Pleading for unity in a newly divided government, President Barack Obama implored Democratic and Republican lawmakers to rally behind his vision of economic revival for an anxious nation, declaring in his State of the Union address Tuesday night: "We will move forward together or not at all."

The idea is the same. Two years ago Obama was touting bi-partisianship and imploring Republicans to do things his way and now he is still imploring that everyone should share HIS vision.

Honestly, I am one of the poor people and his ideas are to my personal benefit. I have already received the new home buyers tax credit (and I wasn't aware such a thing existed when I purchased my house). When he talks about sharing the wealth I am one of the people you have to share with.

A little extra income sures makes a big difference in my life. Believe it or not, I am actually paying less for my house than I did in rent for the tiny country apartment so buying the house was not a burden by any means. I do not mind collecting money that I earned. Veterans benefits I believe I earned the right to collect on them To this date, the only two I have used was the education one and the one for a VA housing loan.

I served four years in the US Navy, with 36 months of overseas duty (not counting Pueto Rico) and two tours of duty in a war zone. I don't think it unfair to believe that I should be able to receive medical benefits if those ailments are connected to my service.

The truth is, I didn't earn the stimulus check issued by the Bush government nor the housing tax credit give by Obama. I don't want free medical care. I've seen how people act when they see the word free. Instead of being grateful, many people try to figure out how to game the system and eventually it will become a curse to me instead of a blessing. Any time you do something nice for people, some will try to take advantage of you.

No, I think Obama needs to get off his high horse, as my daddy used to say, and stop expecting everyone to see the wisdom of following Obama blindly. maybe he should just take time to listen to the concerns of the other side and then maybe Congress could find a way out of the mess that our government has lead us in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment