Saturday, January 8, 2011

lucky or unlucky

I suppose luck is just a matter of how one looks at a situation.

True story:

I woke yesterday with a smell of an electrical burn in the house and a faint trace of smoke. It wasn't enough to really tell if it was smoke or not and I was still half-asleep so i didn't give it much thought.

"Maybe the ordor was lingering from something my wife fixed herself the night before," I thought since I retire early anbd she gets home really late. I got up at three, dressed and headed for my Mom's house. When I got home my wife was already gone and the house was cold. I checked the thermostat and it was blank. It would not respond so I checked the circuit breaker and it had been tripped. When my wife got there we called a repairman. It seems the fan had burned out.

The bill was $446.00 which would have left us tapped out of avaiable cash. My had had just received a class action settleman check for $426.00 that very day.

Now is it good luck that the check arrived in time to cover the repair bill or back luck tyhat we had a big repair bill just as we came into some extra money?

No comments:

Post a Comment