Sunday, January 16, 2011

Odds and ends

As I get older, I have to constantly look for ways to keep up at work. I use several knives so I always have one handy that is sharp. I keep a set at each block so I don't have to waste time carrying my knives from one block to another, and I am always on the lookout for little tricks that will enable me to keep up the pace.

So far, I am able to maintain my speed and quality that enable me to produce a superior product in an above average time but it doesn't come without its toll. Besides my drawn up fingers, I have a constant ache in my right shoulder from tendinitus, and my body hurts in many places.

I migrate to the jobs at work like cutting and wrapping that doesn't require moving much as I navigate slower than the younger fellows. That quicknest that I was know for even just a few years ago is now a thing of the past. Aging changes ones perspectives on life too. External things take on less importance and people, especially family, takes on more.

No comments:

Post a Comment