Sunday, January 2, 2011

can the x-factor beat american idol?

"Can the X-factor beat American Idol?" asks the headline of a web based story. First of all, I have no idea what an X-factor is and I do not care to know. I will admit I once was a fan of American Idol but I think the talent pool is not of the quality it once was. Another thing about the show is that the most popular and best singer on the show is not always the winner and on at least three occasions one of the losers has gone on to bigger and brighter things than the winner did.

As far as last season, I was unimpressed with the singers I heard on the one show I did watch. I think Ellen Degenerate was a joke for a judge. I don't even like her talk show or whatever she calls it. I know Simon was sarcastic and brutally honest but at least he was honest. Paula Abdul was talented both as a singer and a dancer and she was the cheer leader of the group and admittedly a little strange--okay, a lot strange, but the interaction between the three judges, especially between Paula and Simon was as interesting as the competitors were.


The novelty has worn off, the winners have turned out to be duds for the most part,
and the interaction among the judges has lost its luster. For the second year in a row, I will not be tuning in. I won't be watching the X-Factor either.

No comments:

Post a Comment