Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rotten kids

I have one son who I adopted when he was five. He lived with me from the time he was eighteen monts put it wasn't until he was five that the adoption finally came through. His birth name was primitivo but I named him Timmy. He joined the Army out of High School and after his tour was up he disappeared for fourteen years.

I also raised my niece until she was five. Her mother became upset with me after her boyfriend kicked her out of his house and she wanted to me take care of her at every one else's expense. I was in the midst of helping a friend and told Erlinda I would be back to help her in an hour or so. It was three or four years later before I saw my niece again and I saw her for the second and last time a year or so later when she was ten. She contacted me a few weeks ago through my son and we met for her birthday.

She hasn't bothered to contact me since nor have I heard from my son.

Yes, I am bothered by that. I've tried to be a loving parent to my son and loved my niece as if she were a real daughter. What can I say? I guess I raised a couple of rotten kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment