Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Still too cold

I'm anxious to get my pond fixed for the upcoming warm season but it's still too cold and windy and dry to work on it. To fill the pond with water is expensive plus it is far better to let mother nature refill it for me--better for the fish, that is. I have to take the net off, pull out all the plants, drain the pond, pull the liner out, put carpet in the bottom once the pond bottom dries out, put water in the pond to hold the liner in place, secure the top of the line with rocks, put the plants back in and hope that it rains right afterwards to at least get enough water in the pond for the large fish to survive in.

It's not an easy job especially for one guy to do. It makes it difficult to get the line smooth and the pond level so it fill up correctly, which was a big problem last year.

The waterfall mound is fill in and should be very pretty this year. Had a bull frog singing out there yeasterday and my fish are becoming active. Hopefull I'll have the right combination of time, temperature, and rain to finish the job quickly and correctly this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment