Friday, January 20, 2012

Yard work progressing

I started back in October clearing the half acre of overgrowth at the church.  I had a set of lobbers a hoe, a shovel, and a small hand saw but I also had a lot of determination.  There isn't any way to clear all of the land since there are numerous tree trunks scattered about one section but I can clear a big portionof the property making it look better and also making it more functional. 

I cleared out one section which I intend to plant pumpkins to sell to raise money to pay for upkeep to the property. My gift to the church.  I hope to be selloing some at NASCAR Days in Randleman this fall. 

I have some concrete blocks, brinks, and the wood from an old outhouse to get rid of, a few trees that need to be cut, and one small section of overgrowth to clean out and then I will be ready to plant grass on the one side and till the ground for my pumpkin patch on the other.  I hope to be finished in about two weeks if someone brings a chainsaw to cut the trees for me.  If not, I'll have to finish with my hand saw what I can and leave the rest until after I sell the pumkins in the fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment