Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Personal Update

I signed up yesterday to be a little league baseball coach in Randleman and am looking forward to that. I finally enlisted some help on clearing the lot at the church but the mans' chainsaw blades were dull so he will have to return later to cut the trees.

Thomas tires has graciouslyy agreed to accept the discarded tires and dispose of them at no cost to the church.  Thomas Tire is staffed with good people.

The landscaper at Hudges Furniture said he would use me some this year on his crews.  I don't need much work, just a little extraincome.

Someone commented on my last blog but I believe it to be spam.  These people should find something better to do with there time.

The little church I attend is getting some semi-permanent members next week.  Actually it is a yioung preacher and his family are coming to help out while the preacher will be recovering from surgery.  It would be nice if they would join but the family is from Burlington.

I am making progress with my project at the church.  I did a little work inside the church.  I sealed the hole where a stove pipe went through the wall and sealed a gap in the ceiling above the pulpit and moved a few wall hangings to opoen up the church building some.  I have cleared my spot for my pumpkin patch and have started on the areas directly behind the church. 

One day I would love to get all the tree trunks and brush piles moved but that may have to wait a year or two or maybe another lifetime. 

We did have one family quit the church because he didn't like one of our pastor's sermons.  The man didn't like our plans for the Christmas play, didn't like the way the ladies who have recently joined the church dressed, didn't like this and didn't like that.  He said he would consider coming back if we did something about the women.   Our associate pastor resigned his position due to some personal problems so given our limited numbers already, yea, those losses were a big blow but we will work hard and one day the church will grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment