Friday, October 4, 2013

discouragement

I've done my best to serve faithfully but some people think that just because I have a generous and loving nature that I am to be used and taken advantage of.   well, it ain't gonna happen.  Some man told my pastor to have me mow his grass because his lawn mower was broke.  I'm like a mule.  You can lead me anywhere but don't even try to push me. 

Now if the man had asked me to mow his grass because his brother is on life support and he has been so tied up in family matters I would have been glad to mow his grass. Even though I only have a twenty year old Ranger and the back tires of the mower rests on the tailgate and I'm not at all comfortable hauling the mower that way and he lives in Seagrove and I live in Randleman I would have helped him out and not charged him.  But to have the pastor tell me to mow his grass because his mower is broke is beyond idiocy.  He could buy a new push mower for what I would charge him to go mow his yard if he had bothered to ask me but he asked someone else to instruct me to mow his yard.  I don't work for the pastor or the church or for anyone else for that matter.  Everything I do is on a volunteer bases. 

I'm not mad at the guy but I am shocked that he could be such a pompous jerk.     

No comments:

Post a Comment