Friday, November 16, 2012

I was lost but now I'm found

Last Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012 I laid my glasses on my dresser and took my left hearing out out and laid it with my glasses.  The right aid had been sent off for repairs so the left one was doubly important now.  After I took my shower I got dressed and put my glasses on then played on the computer for a few minutes to make sure my ears were completely dry.  That's important since moisture can affect hearing aids, even to the point of causes them to permanently malfunction, just like getting any electrical system wet.  Well, to my horror, it wasn't there. 

My tarnished gold cat, Ryder, had recently started jumping up on my dresser.  I guess it was her birthday present to me to show off her new trick.  I wasn't amused. 

I searched everything for that hearing aid.  There was nothing I didn't look at, under, or in and over the next three or four days I searched over and over.  I knew it had to be there somewhere and I kept hoping I would either find it or it would myteriously show up.  My wife suggested the cat might have eaten it but I remeinded her that cats are carnavors and don't eat plastic.  True, they may chew the shell but they would not eat it nor could they eat the battery or the wires. 

This morning I realized that the only place in the house i had not searched was the master bedroom.  After my wife's recent head trauma I don't distrub her but she was out in the regular part of the house so I decided to search there but to no avail.  I went to my room to do a little research on the computer when I heard my wife calling me excitedly.  I rushed out of the room to see what she was excited about and there in her fingers was my hearing aid. 

"I just looked down to see what Ryder was playing with and this is what she had.". She explained. 

I was really happy to get it back.  It was lost but now it's found.

I can imagine how excited Jesus gets when a human being accepts him as his savor.  What shepard who has lost a sheep doesn't leave the ninety-nine and go look for the one.  It is a glorious day when a person can excalim "I was once lost but now I'm found." 

I sure hope to see you in church one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment